Harmony Family Law Mediation Group provides consulting services to:
- Advise and inform clients about their legal rights.
- Discuss and review settlement options.
- Comment on a mediated settlement agreement prepared by a different mediator.
How will a Consulting Attorney help me during the Mediation process?
The mediator is neutral and therefore does not represent either party. Mediators may recommend both parties retain an independent consulting attorney to offer them legal advice so they can make informed decisions.
You can hire us as a consulting attorney to assist you in the following ways:
- Define objectives with regard to child support, spousal support, child custody, asset division and debt allocation.
- Draft proposals or review settlement options.
- Coach clients on negotiation strategies.
- Recommend experts, professionals and advisors to discuss tax, estate, property, and mental health issues.
- Prepare written agreements and make sure they acurately reflect the client’s understanding of the terms.